EN 60601-series - how to apply safety and risk management to medical electrical equipment and systems
How to apply safety and risk management to medical electrical equipment and systems
Course objective and outcome
The objective is to create a general understanding of the EN 60601-series, which is the product standard series for electrical medical devices and system. The course will cover the structure of the series, how to use and interpret it in a proper way. It will also cover the relation to the European market and other important markets around the world. Hands-on training sessions will be applied throughout the course. The course is based on a practical rather than theoretical viewpoint.
- General overview of the standard series including structure and relations
- How to use and interpret the standard series
- Relation to legislation in Europe and around the world
- Safety philosophy
- Risk analysis
- Requirements for construction and test methods
- Review of §4-17 in basic standard EN 60601-1
- Hands-on training exercises
Who should attend
The course is targeted at:
- Product development engineers
- Hospital engineers
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Project managers
- Quality managers
The course will be conducted in English.
Yannick Charrotton, CTO and co-founder LHS-Lambda Health System SA
"Great overview, great teacher, very engaged and very knowledgeable, listening and making the course relevant for our types of products"
"The presenter was good and the content at the right level for me"
"Very good introduction to EN 60601"
"Good presenter, great parallels to our individual products"
Participants, Spring 2019