Incentive Programs - Learn How to Decide, Implement and Maintain the Right Program in Your Company
This course gives you an introduction to incentive programs in general, especially do’s and don’ts in connection with choosing which program or model is the right one for your company and a more detailed overview of some of the most common incentive programs
Course objective and outcome
This course gives you an introduction to incentive programs in general, especially do’s and don’ts in connection with choosing which program or model is the right one for your company and a more detailed overview of some of the most common incentive programs used in start-ups and early stage growth companies.
Furthermore, you will be introduced to the legal requirements and tax issues, when establishing and maintaining an incentive program.
Having attended this course you will have gained enough knowledge to be able to decide, implement, and maintain the right incentive program in your company, as a wrongly composed program can have severe negative consequences for the future valuation of the company, and thus also the opportunity to attract the right employees and investors.
It is important for start-ups and early stage growth companies to find the right model for attracting and retaining employees, as highly skilled and motivated employees is one of most significant factors when building a successful start-up, and at the same time managing the running cost of the company until the next funding round or breakeven.
- Why establish an incentive program?
- Stakeholders – who?
- What to gain?
- Do they work?
- Future funding and incentive programs – poison pill?
Incentive programs - models
- Non equity-based incentives (bonus, phantom shares etc.)
- Equity-based incentives (warrants, options)
- Other alternatives
Legal / compliance
- Tax – overview of tax implications regarding incentive program
- Documentation package (warrant agreement, employer statement, employeer shareholders’ agreement etc.)
- Execution of incentive program (company)
- Corporate compliance post execution
Case - Let’s implement an incentive program
- Case description
- Plenum discussion regarding which model
- Legal requirements (which documents)
- Execution of the program – who does what and when?
Who should attend?
Founders, CFO, CEO, HR and any other senior officer or board member who are considering, or having the responsibility of introducing and maintaining an incentive program in the company.
Ricki Boye, Attorney & Partner, BACH Advokater