IEC 60601 - How to Apply Safety and Risk Management to Medical Electrical Equipment and Systems
How to apply safety and risk management to medical electrical equipment and systems
Course objective and outcome
The objective is to create a general understanding of the EN 60601-series, which is the product standard series for electrical medical devices and system. The course will cover the structure of the series, how to use and interpret it in a proper way. It will also cover the relation to the European market and other important markets around the world. Hands-on training sessions will be applied throughout the course. The course is based on a practical rather than theoretical viewpoint.
- General overview of the standard series including structure and relations
- How to use and interpret the standard series
- Relation to legislation in Europe and around the world
- Safety philosophy
- Risk analysis
- Requirements for construction and test methods
- Review of §4-17 in basic standard EN 60601-1
- Hands-on training exercises
Who should attend
The course is targeted at:
- Product development engineers
- Hospital engineers
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Project managers
- Quality managers
The course will be conducted in English and onsite in Hørsholm.
Medidee Services SA
"It was extremely informative"
"Efficient training setup with competent communicator"
"The course gave a great overall experience with the standard and how to face it. With almost no background in Electronics, Yannick still made it very easy to understand the principles and how to "solve" the issues/clauses addresses in the standard"
"The exercises and how the course was build up going from basic to a little bit more advanced topics"
Participants, Spring 2020